Review: Fenty Beauty Highlighters

You know I love me some highlighter and when I saw the new Fenty Beauty by Rihanna line I HAD to get my hands on it. I picked these up during the Sephora VIB sale a couple weeks ago and have been using them since. Fenty Beauty has taken the beauty world by storm by launching with a full foundation shade range (40 shades– yes, that’s what I’m talking about!) and products with innovative formulas that will work with all skin tones.

Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick in Starstruck

The shimmer Match Stix I picked is a pretty pearly pink called Starstruck. Each of the Match Stix were designed to be used as blush or highlighter, depending on which of the 10 shades you are using. They don’t apply as creamy as I had thought it would and it has more of a dry finish. However the highlight effect is killer! Even though it’s a drier cream and doesn’t blend out super smoothly, it does apply nicely over foundation and powder, although I wouldn’t recommend pressing to hard to apply. A little goes a long way so I suggest starting off sheer and then building. 

I apply this shimmer stick directly to the tops of my cheekbones, blending in, as well as down the bridge of my nose and the tip, and to my cupid’s bow above my lips. I haven’t tried it as a shadow yet, but I’m sure it would look super pretty, especially to add a little glitz to holiday makeup looks.  

Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo in Mean Money/Hu$tla Baby

With the Killawatt duos, I love that you get two different highlighters in one single compact. Here I’m wearing the lighter of the shades (Mean Money), which is a super soft champagne shade that adds just a kiss of sheen. For a more WOW highlight, I’ll add Hu$tla Baby, a peachy champagne with heavier shimmer. Both shades are super gorgeous and blend amazingly well. I definitely want to get my hands on the other duos!

You can shop both the Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter and Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick along with all other Fenty Beauty makeup at Sephora, in-store and online. 

Have you tried the Fenty Beauty highlighters? Let me know what you think!    


Comments